Unlock insights to help clients make smart choices. Apply right-brained creativity to left-brained analysis. Qualitative or quantitative, structured or unstructured, we use a big toolkit to crack the code on strategy and persuasion and to let data tell meaningful stories.
Our Echelon Insights Fellows will work directly with our partners and analysts to uncover and mine new data sources, synthesize results, and write research reports for our growing base of clients and subscribers. As an Echelon Fellow, you’ll be at the forefront of answering some of the most interesting and burning questions in politics, media, and marketing today. Your work will focus on uncovering the factors that really matter in driving persuasion and organizational effectiveness, integrating multiple data sources to help our clients gain real-time situational awareness of their competition and the challenges ahead.
An Echelon Fellowship offers college students and recent graduates looking to explore a career in market research an opportunity to learn from leaders in the field in a fast-paced, startup environment. Full-time Fellows will earn a stipend of $1,000 per month. We are currently accepting applications for Winter/Spring 2018 fellowships.
- You follow the news and current affairs, and have a strong interest in public opinion research and the trends shaping the future of the industry (from online polling to social media data to large-scale statistical modeling).
- You’re a strong writer and communicator who can analyze survey results and put together findings for our internal team and for clients.
- You’re an avid number-cruncher. To start out, that means you’re an expert Excel user. Beyond that, it could mean you’re proficient in statistical modeling software like R or SPSS, have worked directly with databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, Access, or graph databases), or know your way around common data visualization and storytelling tools like Tableau, D3.js or CartoDB.
- You studied statistics or have conducted original research using quantitative and qualitative techniques.
- Finding things in the dark corners of the Internet is a strength of yours. You know how to transform “messy” data into something that can be integrated with existing internal or external datasets to produce actionable insight.
- A strong interest in technology is a must and a background in technology (specifically engineering, scalability, or database administration) is a plus. Fellows with proven abilities in these areas will have the opportunity to work directly our technology stack, from building tools to automate data collection, to performing query and analysis work directly within our data warehouse (which includes a national voter file, broadcast media tracking, and social media data).
- When it comes to studying human behavior, you care not only about the “what” but the “why.”
- You have a strong record of academic achievement.
Echelon Insights provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. This application does not constitute a guarantee or offer of employment.