Please include a cover letter.
Echelon Insights is hiring a Digital Research Analyst to research, monitor, and measure digital conversation across a wide range of issues globally, supporting our corporate, nonprofit, and political clients. Analysts will produce a steady stream of daily and weekly reports that will go directly to clients, helping them make informed, data-driven decisions. In our digital analytics practice, we don’t just count mentions. We apply methodological rigor and subject matter expertise to surface need-to-know insights on a real time basis. Analysts will also be exposed to the rest of the work Echelon does, including survey research and data analytics/modeling, assisting on these projects as necessary.
Echelon Insights is a right-of-center decision strategy firm that blends innovative survey research techniques with data science and digital analytics to help our clients win the battle for hearts and minds. The work environment is fast-paced and growth-oriented, with all team members taking ownership for client success. Echelon Insights is headquartered in historic Old Town Alexandria, Virginia and offers competitive benefits, including health, dental, vision, and 401(k) plans.
- Producing daily, weekly, and deep-dive reports summarizing online conversation surrounding key client issues
- Conduct planning for deep-dive, longer-term research projects, pinpointing the right research questions to answer, identifying data sources and mapping out analytical methods
- Provide rapid response monitoring in crisis / breaking news situations
- Coordinate data collection from Echelon or third party monitoring tools, including coding of open-ended data
- Adapt rapidly to changing client needs, with the ability to deploy a wide range of possible analytical tools, understanding that no two clients or reports are the same
- Build custom dashboards in Tableau or other data visualization software
- Continually stay on top of the social media monitoring and digital analytics landscape, proactively implementing new tools and approaches
- 2+ years experience at an agency, survey research firm, or at an organization where your primary job responsibility was in media monitoring or digital analytics
- A strong interest in the news, politics, and public policy, with the ability to quickly get up to speed on new topics and issues
- Exceptionally productive and efficient, with a strong work ethic
- Data-driven and a strong desire to work with numbers
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to juggle and prioritize multiple projects
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Past experience with social and traditional media monitoring software (Meltwater, Sysomos, Brandwatch, Cision, Crimson Hexagon, NetBase, etc.)
- Strong aptitude for data manipulation using Excel (Pivot tables, VLOOKUP, etc.), with experience in Tableau, Alteryx, R, or MySQL a plus
- Conversant in the field with the ability to proactively suggest different data collection strategies (third party subscription tools, scraping, APIs, etc.)
- Coordinate third party vendors including technology tools and translators
- A strong interest in survey research, with past experience in the field a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Google Apps, and Keynote
Echelon Insights provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. This application does not constitute a guarantee or offer of employment.