Echelon Insights is hiring a Research Analyst to support our research team and senior-level staff in developing and answering research questions that build data-driven strategy for corporate, political, and nonprofit clients. Research Analysts will provide logistical and administrative support to the Research team, including coordination of survey and focus group work, scheduling, and editing. Research Analysts will contribute ideas and background research to help shape research design, focus, and findings, and to make their mark on reports, presentations, and deliverables that will go to clients and the public. The ideal candidate will be a motivated self-starter with a strong commitment to detail, and should have a demonstrable interest in politics, policy, and survey research.
Echelon Insights is a right-of-center decision strategy firm that blends innovative survey research techniques with data science and digital analytics to help our clients win the battle for hearts and minds. The work environment is fast-paced and growth-oriented, with all team members taking ownership for client success. Echelon Insights is headquartered in historic Old Town Alexandria, Virginia and offers competitive benefits, including health, dental, vision, and 401(k) plans.
- Assist with drafting survey instruments and proposed research designs
- Incorporate client edits to research instruments during the drafting process
- Coordinate logistics for research projects, including focus groups and surveys
- Create key deliverables for opinion research projects including crosstabs, focus group video and transcripts, etc and compile key findings in cooperation with Research Director
- Work one-on-one with a Research Director and develop Research Director skills
- Coordinate with Data Team on survey programming, link testing, banner points, weights, and crosstab needs prior to any survey fielding
- Coordinate with Operations Team on contracts and billing
- Previous experience in an academic or professional research setting
- Strong interest in data-driven research and working with numbers
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to juggle and prioritize multiple projects
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Prior experience with statistical software like R, SPSS, or STATA a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Google Apps, and Keynote
Echelon Insights provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. This application does not constitute a guarantee or offer of employment.